Packing a Pelican 1650

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once my wife got a taste of the pointy end of a plane it was all over. Certainly worth it on those long flights but I can't drink enough of the free alcohol to make the extra few grand worthwhile for me but as long as my wife is happy I'm happy.
And your right about the treatment factor you could drag a dead body in a duffle bag to the counter and they'd probably put a "priority baggage" sticker on it and send it downn the belt.
Back to the Pelicans -JMHO but you don't need them for scuba gear-photo/video gear yes scuba gear no. Keep 'em or something else but don't try to use them for dive gear. Plus if you do, your'e still going to need to carry a bag of some sort to tote your gear to the boat or beach.

hello:
i also have two pelicans and hadn't used them in awhile. I had been using a bag i bought at target. This last time i had to take some pumps to a friend in xcalak and ended up using the pelican. I used it for clothes,the pumps and books and the weight wasn't that bad. When I did use it for scuba gear i was on the borderline for wt. I think i will continue using it for clothes and keep my gear in the target bag.
good diving
jimmy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom