P-Valve Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the oxycheq balanced p-valve and am mounting on a bare xcd2 tech suit. Does it need to be glued in place? Aquaseal? How would the hose routing go from the valve. Straight up to the catheter or off to the side? Problem is the secondary check valve sticks out a few inches. I know where to cut the hole just the angle of the hose coming from the valve itself. I also have the quick connect unit. Any help here??

No glue, just a bit of silicon on both sides of the suit - just like installing suit valves. Do not use aquaseal.

I am sure there are several ways to route, but this is how I do it. The hose comes from the valve, through the bottom zipper section of my undies, up past my belly button and then loops back down into some some tight bike type shorts. Your, uh thing, should point towards your belly button. Remember your position in the water. The tight shorts help to hold everything in place.

You might find that cutting off a little of the nipple on your caths will help. It can sometimes fold over there. I never do, but some of the other guys I dive with always do.

HTH,

Hunter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom