P-valve installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, I just purchased a custom TLS350 from my LDS. I didn't want to pay the price from DUI either so the tech told me to get one from extreme exposure and he'd put it in for free since I just dropped a load of change at the shop.

I am not a dry suit diver, however It does interest me since I usually dive lakes and quarries, anyway,

Reading through this post, which I found quite funny, begs the question to the uninformed as to the operation of the pee valve. Do you open and close it manually? Or is it an automatic valve so all you have to do is pee and it opens.......

And the sizing guide is a hoot!! I can just see a store that sells these items with these guides hanging on a wall or next to the checkout counter and people come up and get one and do to the bathroom to see where things fall!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks guys! Logic and common sense go a long ways, but your tips and suggestions help.

And the sizing guide is a hoot!! I can just see a store that sells these items with these guides hanging on a wall or next to the checkout counter and people come up and get one and do to the bathroom to see where things fall!!!!!!!

LOL, I was actually concerned about that. Glad there is a "Guide" for all of us adventurous souls. Let the good times roll!! :dazzler1:

I use the Ultra Flex Cath and I find them to be comfortable and very reliable. Same size adhesive band as the Wide Bands but a sofer, more comfortable cath.

I also use a quick release and I made a cool clean out device.

Check out the attached picture. Beats the hell out of using your hand and spitting in the hose for clean up. With this device you can use a little White Vinegar to truly clean it out. Filling your mouth with water and spitting in to the hose is very unsanitary.

CALI68:
I use the Ultra Flex Cath and I find them to be comfortable and very reliable. Same size adhesive band as the Wide Bands but a sofer, more comfortable cath.

I also use a quick release and I made a cool clean out device.

Check out the attached picture. Beats the hell out of using your hand and spitting in the hose for clean up. With this device you can use a little White Vinegar to truly clean it out. Filling your mouth with water and spitting in to the hose is very unsanitary.
Very Nice!!

I hate to revive old threads, but I just purchased a pee valve and it came in with no instructions. I figured it was not a big deal as I could come here and get the info I need to install it. It's a balanced DIR zone p-valve. There is a washer with it.

So, hole punching has been discussed. My big question is how to assemble the whole thing on the suit? I guess the washer goes on the outside of the suit, but do I glue it on (AquaSeal)? Do I just put a bead of silicone (like one would use on a fishtank) around the hole and put the washer over it?

Any help, or a link to instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

reefraff:
http://www.halcyon.net/manuals/p-valve2001_online.pdf

Measure three times. Use a solid block of wood as a backing inside the leg of your suit when you punch the hole. Go slowly.
Thanks. I'll read that. And I think I've got the proceess down: Block of wood inside leg of suit. Aim. Fire. :D

Oh, wait, I don't have a gun. I think I'll be using the soldering iron trick.

Thanks again. Aquaseal on both sides it looks like.

Just a quick and silly question boys......what always intrigued and disturbed me, is how on Earth does that catheter stay on? On the surface, nice and warm.....but a few fathom's down when the cold sets in and shrinkage occurs how does it stay on? Is it glued on? Uses some kind of special sticky/tacky surface? Duct tape? Suspenders?

Tamas:
Just a quick and silly question boys......what always intrigued and disturbed me, is how on Earth does that catheter stay on? On the surface, nice and warm.....but a few fathom's down when the cold sets in and shrinkage occurs how does it stay on? Is it glued on? Uses some kind of special sticky/tacky surface? Duct tape? Suspenders?
Diving isn't that kind of exciting, so the catheters must be self-adhesive. Since you asked: http://www.rocm.com/02x01f.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom