OzTek day 2 & no one has ever died going down on a seahorse!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
yep... well thats what our resident Seahorse expert Dave Harasti proved to us in one of his talks yesterday!! some key highlights would be that chicks dig seahorses (which was proven by the number of girly squeals when they saw baby seahorses) and apparently no one has ever died going down on a seahorse (unlike wrecks)... plug for his site btw, The Underwater Photo Gallery - Dave Harasti

conidering Dave was going against a presentation on the titanic by Ritchi K im happy to report he drew a full room of interested divers

i didnt get many pics from day 2 as i attended more speakers but i got a few...

Bazza from Southern Cross Divers and all his friends.... BUT, he did at least have lollies at his stall (unlike DiveTek!) [:D]
Bazza.jpg

Dave H's first slide of his talk
DaveH1.jpg

despite only arriving back from OS on saturday and suffering a lurgy, Dave entertained us all with his talk
DaveH2.jpg

Russel at the Hollis stand
Hollis.jpg

Jayne Jenkins and her boys at the AMCS/OWUSS stand
Jane.jpg

guest speaker Max Gleeson & Ms Lesley
Max.jpg

Samir from Sydney Project... trust me, i know the pic is dark but its him!
Sami.jpg

and Peter (?) from Scuba Doctor ventured up from melbourne
ScubaDoc.jpg

there were alot more stalls & regular faces & names but i didnt get pics sorry

this years OzTEK was GREAT i thought.... seemed to be ALOT more divers attending and not just the teckies.

edit:
i do have another pic or 2 to put up.. including the lovely Ms Jill H but i will have to do them later tonight

cheers

Yes there were heaps of people. I don't really think it is for technical divers only (well I am certainly not a technical diver :wink:) - anyone can attend really. It was nice to see talks on dives I will never do - I prefer to hear about those than dives I do each weekend :rofl3: Also heaps of recreational gear around for people to check out in amongst the scooters and rebreathers!

Pics are cool :) Scuba Dr pic is Matt (not sure of last name) + Pete Fear (L to R) fyi :)

Definitely going to the next one!

Wheres the photo of the Scubaboard Members??????

Back
Top Bottom