Autralian OzTek day 1 was GREAT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
hi guys.... today was day 1 of our OzTek expo and we spent the first 3hrs catching up with alot of people then checked out the stands and speakers and im super tired by all the action so far

the calm before the crowd....
OzTek.jpg

the man himself on the left... event organizer David Strike with visitor Jason Blackwell from DiveDiveDive Qld
DSJB.jpg

GUE instructor Liam and some GUE boys from DiveCentreBondi... nice to see they come in pairs as per usual
DCBGUE.jpg

Halcyon stand with Richard Nichols on the left
H.jpg

NZ now has a KISS distributor who has a stand at OzTEk with some units on show
KISS.jpg

while Lance from CCD has a MEG and some shearwater toys on show to check out
Meg-1.jpg

Scubapro has some new toys and Rick was very happy to show and tell
Scubapro.jpg

Damo (aka diveoz Betti) was checking out some new toys at the ScubaPix stand
Scubapix.jpg

Richard Taylor from TDI is always fun to catch up with
TDI.jpg

Simon and Daryl at the DiveTek stand LIED to us all... they have no lollies!
DiveTek.jpg

but Chrisso at the Zeagle/DiveTub stand has a lolly jar and almity1 was last seen raiding it for the fredo frogs (btw, happy birthday Em!!!)
Zeagle1.jpg

and almity1 playing with the new liquidvision at the Zeagle stand
Zeagle2.jpg

for speakers... today we caught up with the aussies Southern Ocean Explorers group (melbourne based) educated me greatly on some of the fantastic work that is happening down in melbourne... so many wrecks they have found in the past 5+ year ITS AMAZING and the fact they leave everything they find untouched made their discoveries extra special to me although a friend or 2 of ours was heartbroken as they had crowbars at the ready to go get the port holes but no gps marks

also caught talks by Jill Heinerth and Richie Kohler who both drew large crowds and so far they seem to be enjoying their aussie visit

hopefully tomorrow i will have some more stands and speaker pics for show and tell but if you are interested in the speaker schedule (which is chockers).... here it is http://www.diveoztek.com.au/pdfs/ConferenceSchedule.pdf

cheers

edit: found a couple of extra pics

Jill H giving a talk on her adventures to Antartica
Jillh.jpg

and Richie K on day one presentation
RK.jpg

It was a great show. I just wished I could have attended more talks, there were 4 going at once so there was a lot more to see if I could have cloned myself :)

It was fantastic....

Day 2 was just as good!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom