Oxygen Rich Water Warning (color me a skeptic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Rick,

It must have been choice--looks like you were censored.

Regards,

Doc

Doc and Rick,

Just remember, one is born every day. :D

Just from reading the test performed, it appears the 12 hour warning in the training audio is just a marketing ploy. I want to learn more about these 3-4 hour dives on pure oxygen. I suppose if you were working in a harbor there might be 3-4 hours worth of diving to do under 20 feet..

Hello:

I got a kick out of the report. What a hoot.

I had no idea that the sky was blue because of its ozone content. I was taught that it was Rayleigh scattering.

If they sold it as bottled water for a few cents maybe. But I am sure it is very pricy.:shakehead:

Dr Deco :doctor:

Yep. Folks will buy anything, even in a depression.

I heard a rumor that the "no-dive-after-drinking" ploy is actually a fallback position. The first marketing approach was to claim that the water somehow lowered your nitrogen levels so you could dive longer. :D

-Bryan

There are millions of threads on the internet with fascinating questions and about two dozen "I don't know" answers disguised as fun opinions. It would be nice to know these things, such as whether oxygenated water is good or not. Oxygenation is part of the death process and ironically is also part of the life process. But you don't want to overdose on Oxygen. We take antioxidants for our health which prevent oxidization, the rusting of the body. Now there is ozone, which would kill you if you consumed it directly but they put it in all the water because it dissipates in 20 minutes -- but logic would make you think that it might leave a residue or create a byproduct that isn't healthy as well. But it's in the water and all we can find on Google is fun "I don't know" answers. Sorry if this sounds like an Ad Council public service announcement BUT DOESN'T ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON OUT THERE??

One of the largest and most interesting scams perpetuated by marketing folks on scientifically unsophisticated (most Americans alas) folk. Some of it is peroxide based, some on simply pressure induced dissolution but there is no way to get the O2 from your stomach/intestines into the blood where it is needed.
Thanks for making me smile.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom