Oxygen compatibility, materials and explosions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C6D2EDD5-84C5-4FFE-A7F1-0E0D7D135281.jpeg
Dunno what kind of compressor you’re running, but most diester and triester oils have a flashpoint of 800f or so. I haven’t come across many that run much below 500f or so, on the 4th stage head.
Bauer 3.5 cfm

Freediving is sounding really safe right now

Doesn’t 40% or less nitrox reduce the worry about the O2 issues?

1. Someone still has to make the 40%.
2. You still have to get a tank fill.

It would depend on a partial pressure blend or a bank fill. Either way someone still has to make the initial blend. Unless they were using a membrane they would be blending 100% with air to get your 40%.

1. Someone still has to make the 40%.
2. You still have to get a tank fill.

It would depend on a partial pressure blend or a bank fill. Either way someone still has to make the initial blend. Unless they were using a membrane they would be blending 100% with air to get your 40%.

I was actually referring to the concern about having filled tanks at home or in the car. Or the issues caused by higher O2 content gas, such as the reg killing the diver who had to feather a deco bottle.

The funny thing is, last year when analyzers were discussed, everyone was telling me how safe it is to keep and use an oxygen tank. Makes me wonder why did the Collective Mind change its mind? Maybe, saw something scary in the news?

Keeping and using an oxygen cylinder designed for oxygen service is fine and safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom