OxyCheq - Ultra Lite Travel Back Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dwain

You made me fall in love with the thing at DEMA but wouldn't sell me one. So I had to get Shane to pick me up two. I haven't had a chance to try it out in the pool yet but think I will get a chance tomorrow night.

I will write a full report when I have experienced it in the water.

Sorry for dredging up an old thread but the topic is still relevant so no need to start a new thread...

So now that the OxyCheq ultra lite BP has been around for a few years, I'm curious to know the satisfaction level of those that jumped on the bandwagon at the beginning... mainly TN Traveler, Nemrod, and awap based on their responses in this thread, but all opinions will be appreciated. :)

Are you still using this plate? How has the wear and tear on it been? Any additional advice for someone considering purchasing it?

I was also considering an aluminum freedom plate by ZKY but they're not currently in production.

One thing I noticed, though, about both plates is there's no place to store an SMB. I currently use a kydex plate and there are holes on the bottom of it which allow me to store my SMB via 2 bungee loops. With either of the lightweight plates, I'd have to get a pocket or hang my SMB from a D-ring. I don't really like either option. For those of you that dive these plates, where's your SMB?

I still use mine - probably 75-100 dives on it and other than some grommet discoloration, it is like new. My favorite combination for warm water travel is the Ultra-lite Plate and 18# Mach V Wing.
I have the XS Scuba weight pockets on both the cambands and waist strap and have D-rings on the waist strap to hold them in place - and that is where I put my SMB.
You could probably put a couple of grommets through the plate and use them to bungie your SMB directly to the plate - but I find using a waist D-ring to be just fine.

I have a SS Freedom Plate that I use for colder water with my 30# Mach V - it is still my favorite BP, but every # counts when traveling.

Hey, can anybody give me the distance between the holes for the sex bolts? I would like to see, if i can attach other manufacturer's wings to the ultra lite plate.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom