OxyCheq - Ultra Lite Travel Back Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DwainT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
If anyone would like to see the plate:

OxyNotes

Here is a copy of the information that was sent to our dealers.
____
We have begun to ship the Ultra Lite Travel Back Plate. Currently we are working on more images and there will be simple instructions with it when shipped. Within the next week I hope to have the flyers/brochure completed.

Below is a description and highlights.

Ultra Lite Travel Back Plate

The Ultra Lite Back Plate is the world’s lightest back plate weighing only 9.6 oz / 272 grams. In addition to being great for travel, when combined with the Speed Harness one size fits virtually every diver. The Ultra Lite Plate is easily attached to any OxyCheq wing using two of our sex nuts/bolts. The Ultra Lite Harness also uses two cam straps.

It is easily and quickly adjusted by pulling the waist straps away from your sides. When tightened, it is very snug fit. An attachment for a crotch strap is provided, but one is not really needed.

When combined with the Speed Harness, the Ultra Lite Back Plate can fitted with a number of other OxyCheq accessories such as sliding d-rings, a variety of pockets (weight, trifold, X-pocket), shoulder harness pads, crotch strap and more.

1. The lightest plate made today.
2. It allows you to use a crotch strap, but it is not needed. It fits that snug.
One size allowed us to fit a woman that was 5' 4" tall weighing 95 pounds. The largest was a guy at 6' 4" weighing 265 pounds. Did not try it on anyone outside of those ranges, but am sure it will fit both smaller and larger divers.
3. It only fits OxyCheq Mach V Wing designs.
4. Takes seconds to put on and take off.
5. No need to remove it from the wing once attached unless you want to.
6. Great for travel and great for rental gear because one size fits such a wide range of people.
7. Cannot crack.
8. Cannot damage a wing.
9. It fits so well, it looks like it is sewn onto the wing.
10. Lowest profile plate made today.

Weight: 9.6 onces / 272 grams

Item: ROWB-01-04UL
MSRP: 55 USD

The ULTP weighs 9.6 ounces (272 grams)
The 18# Mach V Signature Series weighs 2.6 lbs (1.1 kg).

Both on the scale weighed 3.2 lbs (1.4 kg).

Then with 12 foot (3.6 m) of webbing weighed 3.9 lbs (1.7 kg) ( All it needs is 10 foot of webbing)

Last edited:
shapeimage_2.jpg

What is made of?

"Ultra Lite Plate is easily attached to ANY OxyCheq wing using two of our sex nuts/bolts."
"3. It ONLY fits OxyCheq Mach V Wing designs."

:confused::confused::confused:

shapeimage_2.jpg

What is made of?

"Ultra Lite Plate is easily attached to ANY OxyCheq wing using two of our sex nuts/bolts."
"3. It ONLY fits OxyCheq Mach V Wing designs."

:confused::confused::confused:

Cordura, backing material, stainless fittings, etc.
Same materials that are used to make our A-Pac and O-Pac Soft Plate/Harness systems.

I do not think it will fit any other mfgs wings without modification to their wings. Our Mach V Wings are very narrow and the cam slots are spaced 2" apart.

If you were going to modify an existing wing to use it with the Ultra Lite Plate, you would have to cut cam slots through your existing wing.

Best regards,

Patrick

The largest was a guy at 6' 4" weighing 265 pounds.

Great, next you'll be telling everyone how old I am too? :confused:

BTW, I'm down to 264 :eyebrow:

Safe Diving

Great, next you'll be telling everyone how old I am too? :confused:

BTW, I'm down to 264 :eyebrow:

Safe Diving

Mike,

Put Bill in it when he stopped by, he weighs 320 pounds. So, you are now just the tallest that has put it on. :)

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Guess that makes me the midget of the group at 6'2" and 230# :lotsalove:

By the way, I convinced my wife to try it on - 5'3" - and she thought it felt great. :D

By the way, I convinced my wife to try it on - 5'3" - and she thought it felt great. :D

I'll have them in stock by Wed. Give me a call.

4'8" weighing 65# or 68# is the smallest person so far. All using the same wing, plate and harness.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

So... this plate will work with a Mach V without cam slots too? If I use sex bolts and a STA to hold it together?

Hi Patrick,

I have a few questions:
- Will this plate work with your deluxe adjustable harness or it can only fit with one piece Hog styled harness?
- Will there be setup up instructions shipped with this backplate?
- Are the sex nuts/bolts shipped with the back plate as standard package?
- How does the speed harness look like?

Regards,
EZ

Back
Top Bottom