Oxycheq Mach V Wing Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am use to the shoulder pull dump when surfacing rather than holding the inflator up. So I added a Dive Rite inflator with pull dump to my Mach V Extreme. Dive Rite Express use to have several different lengths of inflator pull dumps. I went with the DR inflator Octo, so it is probably a little longer. Using the exact same length as the Oxycheq hose should work well.

Thanks, cmburch. That is very helpful. How do you like the quality and build of the DR inflator? How did it compare to the QxyCheq inflator?

What length of inflator hose did you have to purchase to fit the standard OxyCheq hose that came with the Mach V Extreme?

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
Thanks, cmburch. That is very helpful. Have you liked the quality and build of the DR inflator? How did it compare to the QxyCheq inflator?

What length of inflator hose did you have to purchase to fit the standard OxyCheq hose that came with the Mach V Extreme?

Cheers,
Nick

Oxycheq uses a standard inflator which is the exact same one sold by Trident available at any LDS. Trident also has a complete BC quick pull dump assembly with the wire (Item No. AA82 and AA81) in their catalog.
Any of these will screw right onto your Mach V. The threads are universal.
OMS and many other brands all use the exact same tried and trued inflator from Trident.

I do not know how it is measured. The length of the rubber hose is 19". The length from the center hole of the fitting on the wing to the center of the mouthpiece is 21 1/4". I have an integrated Octo though. It is good quality. I am very satisfied with it. I wonder why some had failures with the elbow or fitting on their Oxycheq's? I did not hear about other manufacturers having similar problems since they use the same parts. The new inflator is all together. Just unscrew one and screw the new one on.

Hi Eric and cmburch,

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go with the standard inflator and then go to the pull-dump version if I'm not happy.

cmburch, I take it that you are talking about your replacement occy inflator?

Cheers,
Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom