Oxycheq 3 watt Raider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCU5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Wanted to say that I got a Mach V 30lb Razor Wing and Oxycheq Hog Harness and stoked to try these both out in the water in the coming weeks.

I also bought one of the 3 watt Raider lights along w/ the above, and I love the light but even screwed down all the way, it does flicker. I noticed that the newer versions of the light have a spring in the light head, which I assume is to solve the flicker issue. Rather than send my light back(I live in Hong Kong), would it be possible to have one of these springs sent to me?

Thank you and regards,
Jim MacDonald

Another observation, the flickering issue seems to be more pronounced with batteries that are 50% full compared to brand spankin new ones. After about half the battery is used up, the light becomes nearly unusable do to the flickering.

I don't know how you are able to tell that half the battery is used up, but I can say that just now mine started to exhibit the flickering, which I took to mean the batteries were dying, and swapped the batteries for fresh ones. No flickering now, and I got ~5 hrs of light on the first set. Pretty good in my book. So if the light doesn't flicker for 3 or 4 hrs (its rated time), and you get another hr before it flickers, IMO it lived up to its claim, since it worked as normal through its rated time, and any more time beyond that is IMO a bonus.

The light flickers even with full batteries. After 1-2 hours of burn time it is barely useable as the light flickers on and off with any movement of light. It's a great light but would like the flickering sorted out.

How does the Light turn on/off? simply by turning the ring? I bought one and it did not have a manual with it... so I have checked online and read about a magnetic switch? Exactly what does that mean and how does it work? Thanks for any information you can provide... the Oxycheq website does not have a product manual.

Back
Top Bottom