Own O2 analyzer and Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pay for the calibration

Does the He sensor have to be calibrated periodically? How often and how much does it cost? Is that something a local shop would do, or do you have to take it or send it somewhere specialized?

Does the He sensor have to be calibrated periodically? How often and how much does it cost? Is that something a local shop would do, or do you have to take it or send it somewhere specialized?
Technically, any analyzer needs to be calibrated. Usually, you need a zero gas and a span gas. The zero doesn't have any of the gas (zero) you are testing for in it, or an undetectable amount, and the span gas has a known amount that you calibrate or span your analyzer to. You need a known gas. It could be as simple as comparing your analyzer to another one you believe to be correct, or as detailed as purchasing a primary standard trimix calibration gas. When you check for oxygen content, you probably span to atmospheric air and assume it is 20.9% or 21% Oxygen.
A couple % of Helium one way or the other isn't likely to make a big difference in the dive profile, so close enough probably fine.
Accuracy, Tolerances and Uncertainty | BOConline UK

Thanks for the link, looks interesting! If I was in Vegas I'd check it out, I'll probably ask someone to check it out for me :).

I've got a divesoft He analyzer, and separate CO and O2 analyzers. We take the O2 analyzer to Mexico (just about the only place not diving He). Personally I like having my own analyzers, but I guess that is personal preference.

deox sub, looks like an italian company, they have a booth at dema if someone wants to swing by and check them out

BtS Sub Multigas Oxygen, Helium, Carbon Monoxide Oled Display

DE-OX SUB Multigas Color digital analyzer – TEMC DE-OX® Digital Computers and Analyzers

the CO analyzer on that unit is going to be no better or worse than any other CO analyzer because the cells are the same, no different than an O2 analyzer. It is only as accurate as the sensor giving it the data. Alberto has been good about replacing faulty sensors. ...
Thank You.

.... I am unaware of any triple analyzers on the market at the moment.
Coming in 2017 (toward the end ...) :wink:

Thanks for the heads up! Any upgrade path for those of us with the Cootwo or no?

sure T, you buy the new one, and your analyzer is an upgrade.... :p

(FWIW, I have backed the NitroxBuddy, the CooTwo, and the DC Computer Buddy, and "Beta Tested" DivePal....)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom