OW Course/Intructor recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

berty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a friend in the Crystal City, VA area who is interested in an OW course. Any recommeded shops or instructors? For now, she's only interested in warm water diving.

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend the shop, I received all my training so far (PADI-OW, AOW, EAN). Virginia Scuba (www.vascuba.com, 703-369-0098) is located in Manassas, VA. They do their pool sessions at the Freedom Aquatic Center in Manassas, which is an excellent training environment with water up to 13 ft deep. They are a mostly PADI school but can teach others such as NAUI. I can also recommend The Dive Shop (www.thediveshop-va.com) in Fairfax, VA by virtue of their excellent program of Fun Dives they have at the Millbrook quarry. There are others in the area as well depending on where you friend lives exactly. They are all now just doing pool work and referrals for the open water portion, since the water is a little nippy.

Pedro

I've also worked with the Dive Shop in the past and believe them to be an excellent outfit to train with.

berty:
I have a friend in the Crystal City, VA area who is interested in an OW course. Any recommeded shops or instructors? For now, she's only interested in warm water diving.

Thanks in advance.

Adventure Scuba in Chantilly (by Dulles Airport). Good shop, good staff. Pretty much all NAUI these days although they will still teach PADI if requested. 703 263 0427. Talk to Henry or Scott. They run classes all year around.

Another vote for The Dive Shop. Bought all my original gear there, took my AOW courses there, and attended group and individual trips through them. Great shop & very knowledgeable. They run fantastic group trips

Also, just went through a refresher with Virginia Scuba (since I moved to Manassas) - really like that shop as well!

Can't go wrong with either.

Lots of great shops in area, I have work with Adventure Scuba (the old ski -n- dive) for sometime. Great service and experenced instructors.

Back
Top Bottom