OW Certification in Puerto Galera - BUDGET but safe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YES, thats exactly what I was refering to ,that "in general" ,,you get what you pay for!! It's as simple as that, nothing more meant or mentioned

Check with Mark at searider or check out their website. they have prices posted. I think their quality is quite good, although I got certified in Anialo for OW & AOW private instruction from MAKdivers for I believe 13500 OW. When exactly is the CNY?

When exactly is the CNY?

Year of the Rabbit is from 3rd of Feb.

Rat, Cow, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Cockerel, Dog and Pig.
12 yrs cycle and people can use it to find out your age!!!!

YES, thats exactly what I was refering to ,that "in general" ,,you get what you pay for!! It's as simple as that, nothing more meant or mentioned
First, thanks for your responses. I understand that cheap and safe don't always go together; that's why I posted for advice. It's not too difficult to go through all the websites of all the dive ops in PG and find their prices, but that tells me nothing about quality, so I ask people here who hopefully have that experience and can tell me if it's safe. You get what you pay for is a general rule, but there's always varying degrees, and certification courses may not be the same as regular dives. For example, I have seen a lot of great reviews of Mark at Searider's dives, and they are the cheapest, but I haven't seen any reviews of his courses, so I'm considering a more expensive place. I was considering Big Apple's course, which is more expensive, because he seems to have a good course; I decided against it primarily because the rooms were too expensive (the other fan rooms I've seen are 700-800, even during CNY, and I need cheap rooms in order to be able to afford a better dive experience). I'm not an idiot, and I don't expect miracles (though, you know, I'd love one); I'm just trying to get the most information I can find from the people who know what they're talking about so that I can make the best decision, and I really appreciate all of your help with that.

After reading other threads about people plugging their own services and getting so much grief for doing so I have decided not to post anything about my operation at all in future. The cheapest operation in an area that contains 50 shops does exactly what it says on the tin, usually.

My friend always stays at a place called Tina's on the far side of sabang, fan room for 800P. When I was having lunch over in Big La Laguna last April, I talked to the owner of some cottages that are located right next to the la laguna beach club. Simple cottage, fan, small porch, no view, but easy walk to the beach, maybe 2-3 minutes and they were 500-800P night. They are directly behind the restaurant on the beach right next to the club. My family really wanted to stay there, but man I really like the full ocean view and a huge balcony.
So when does the CNY celebration end? We are heading over Feb 12 to mindoro

Back
Top Bottom