OW, Advanced, Rescue in 3 weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I became rescue certified earlier this year and at the time had around 40 dives under my belt. I believe that this is the best course PADI has to offer, and if you have the opportunity, I say go for it! The skills you learn in this course are not hard technically, it's all about thinking logically and using common sense. However, you must be confident in your ability as a diver, and that's why I understand where fellow divers are coming from when they argue you should be more experienced before taking such a course. However, if you are a strong swimmer and have the ability to stay calm in stressful situations, then you will find this course very rewarding and make YOU a better diver. Since it sounds like you are just starting out, it's such a good idea to take this course because you will start out with good habits and not have to correct bad ones later. Sure, you might not have perfect buyoncy or optimal air consumption, but the Rescue class will make you more aware of this, and you'll make it a habit to check your air often. You'd be surprised how relevant these skills are! I have been lifeguarding for three years, so I had a lot of medical training going into it, but until you take the course, you don't realize how easily your buddy or any other diver can get into a stressful situation. Of course, you will always be able to improve on responding to emergency situations, but a dive instructor told me that even if you don't want to be a Divemaster, keep learning and get your Rescue certification. Then, diving can become whatever part of your life you want it to be! Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom