Overly Dramatic Title: The Curse of The Most Experienced Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did the DM do to get you to surface?

He urgently tried to signal everyone to surface but was "ignored". He then made a semi controlled ascent to the surface blowing off the safety stop. I believe he still had ~100psi left, those MK25's really work well :cool2:

Should GUE divers be limited to 30m/100ft, unless trained and paying for helium?

What restrictions are applied to their cards?

IIRC Fundamentals/Rec1 give you 60ft, Rec 2 - 100ft so one ahould be at least Rec3-Tech 1 to dive below 100 and yeah with He im the tanks :)

---------- Post added June 28th, 2013 at 06:21 AM ----------

I think it is great that highly experienced divers and instructors only show basic cards to hide their true diving level. That way when the dive operators divide their customers up by ability for the dives, the following two benefits will occur:

1. The most basic and beginner divers will have highly skilled divers and professionals with them at all times.

2. There will be fewer people cluttering up the more experienced group, which is where I'll be.

3. the group 1 will actually be composed of only Instructors and DMs who "misrepresented" themselves as OW divers :)

I don't understand what being "the most experienced diver" has to do with the order you get in or out of the water, etc.

In my world, the smartest diver is first in and last out.

Solo diving not allowed? Pair up with a group of two, then plan to "accidentally" get separated once you descend.

OOPS! :D

In my world, the smartest diver is first in and last out.
On a lobster trip a couple of divers were going on to the DM how good their diving was, the DM just said " when you leave before those two old coots (me and my same ocean buddy) and come back after them, get back to me".

Solo diving not allowed? Pair up with a group of two, then plan to "accidentally" get separated once you descend.
OOPS! :D
Happened almost more often than I had excuses.
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD! (Blues Brothers)

Bob
----------------------------------

The most important thing to plan when solo diving is to make sure that you are not diving with an idiot. Dsix36

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom