over fill a low pressure steel tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No comment and ignoring this thread... Guess some Know way more than the designers and the agencies that set the standards...

You did neither. LOL Good job, you fail at life.

When the compressor stalls.....The tank is full! Been over filling an OMS/Faber 108 to 3500-4000PSI since 1995. has passed Hydro every time. When OMS started carrying Faber tanks in the 90's they even had an overfill chart about what the capacities would be at certain pressures. That chart disappeared after a while.

tb

I think everyone with a head on their shoulders knows overfilling lp cylinders is fine and doesn't shorten the life of the tank.

Speaking of burst disks going.....I stopped by my LSD (before compressor early 90's) to fill an old 13 pony (2015 psi). They didn't check the pressure and filled it to 3000psi. They advised me about a recall on my regulator, and they could take care of it that night if I brought it in. So I tossed (ok placed) the pony on the front passenger floor and drove home. Mind you now it's January and I have the heat on. Get home get the reg and drive back. The road to the LSD parallels the railroad. Just as the train comes screaming by, the burst disk let's go. For a second I thought the train derailed. Scared the crap out of me. To this day when I drive that road I remember the exact spot it happened.

tb

see,it's those"little precious moments" that make a good take-away story!
lessons learned,and nobody put an eye out!!!!
but,you remember $hit like this and pass it on for other people
then they make their own choices
i love this site!
happy valentines day
yaeg

Speaking of burst disks going.....I stopped by my LSD (before compressor early 90's) to fill an old 13 pony (2015 psi). They didn't check the pressure and filled it to 3000psi. They advised me about a recall on my regulator, and they could take care of it that night if I brought it in. So I tossed (ok placed) the pony on the front passenger floor and drove home. Mind you now it's January and I have the heat on. Get home get the reg and drive back. The road to the LSD parallels the railroad. Just as the train comes screaming by, the burst disk let's go. For a second I thought the train derailed. Scared the crap out of me. To this day when I drive that road I remember the exact spot it happened.

tb

Could be because of all that LSD ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom