Outliving your buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love this thread, and the stories! And the best news? Since I posted this, I've made a dive date with one of the buddies I've "outlived" (the one who teaches all the time) and had a message exchange with my beloved first dive buddy, who I never see much any more. So maybe the thread should be entitled, "How to reanimate dive buddies?" :)
I wish I could go diving with my dad and brother and a few old friends who are not here anymore

Love this thread, and the stories! And the best news? Since I posted this, I've made a dive date with one of the buddies I've "outlived" (the one who teaches all the time) and had a message exchange with my beloved first dive buddy, who I never see much any more. So maybe the thread should be entitled, "How to reanimate dive buddies?" :)

Or, "How to separate past buddies from loonie bin girlfreinds (or boyfreinds be that the case)"?

I have been diving since I was 8 or 9 years old non stop not board yet just had 3 great dives in Monterrey ca. today and I am 63

That was a big "If" on my part. Although ever since I started diving, my plan has been to move to FL one day for the caves. As my list of dive destinations grows to unfathomable lengths, it has become clear to me that I will never be making enough money to afford the constant vacations required to do it all, nor will I likely have the time, or a job that even allows it. So it would seem that the best option for me would be to move to all the diving "hot spots" I would like to explore in any great depth (pun intended). I may not be able to live a life of constant vacationing, but moving around every 10 years or so is something that I think is doable.

If you are someone who never gets bored with the same sites however, then more power to ya! I have utmost respect for anyone who can dive locally for decades and still retain passion/enthusiasm for the sport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom