"Outer Banks"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning to visit the Outer Banks on our way to 'whereever' in NC.

For planning purposes we need some recommendations for what to see and target as a specific destination on Outer Banks.

The Museum of Graveyard of Atlantic sounds interesting.

What say you all (or is that y'all?) :D

Many people start at the top (around the Nags Head / Corolla area) and drive all the way south to Hatteras. From there you can catch the ferry to Ocracoke, and from Ockracoke you have 2 ferry options back to the mainland. The outer banks and not very wide, and most of the attractions are right on hwy 12. The major exception to that is Manteo, which is worth the trip IMO and can be on the way if you take 64 to get to the outer banks.

I would say that no trip to the outer banks would be complete without the aquarium, the Wright Brother memorial, Kitty Hawk Dunes, Hatteras Lighthouse, Ockracoke Island, and a ride on at least 1 ferry.

Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom