Our World Underwater Winning Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Our World Underwater and saw the video "on the big screen" and it was very well done. I just emailed PADI and voiced my concern that they are associated with the dive operator shown in the video. I hope National Geographic gets a few emails as well. On a related note: my wife and I dove with the offending operator a few years ago and didn't see anything like this other than way too many people in the water. I felt guilty being a part of it. There were probably 75-100 people in the water at one time.

Congratulations Mark and after watching the video I'd say that you truly deserved the win. We were at Crystal River over the christmas break and I was totally shocked by the conduct of all the operators - even those supposed to be the more reputable ones. You've done a great job of getting their actions out into the public domain and hopefully this film can become a catalyst for change. What better way to use your talents than that eh?! :)

Cheers, Simon

Congratulations. It is great to see a video of this type getting out there to inform the public AND wimnning awards!

Thanks to everyone who has commented. Now if only we can keep getting the word out.

Have you posted this video on Youtube, Myspace, etc as a means of getting the word out more?

It is on youtube. I'll count on a SB member to link to it on facebook or myspace as I don't have accounts in those services.

You can get to it on youtube here. YouTube - Choice for Change (Help stop manatee abuse) you can also get the embed html from that link as well.

Back
Top Bottom