Our Name!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Martin made a very good point today at the first official dive.

There is a charter named the wreck valley, so we may have to change the name. If not it may be a good idea to do so anyway, to avoid anyone thinking we're affiliated.

Any suggestions?

Here's a few:
West Virginia Dive Club
Blunt Tip in Your Back Dive Club
Telephone Pole Divers
Martin's Divers - Anyone who can make it from one end of Dutch to the other and back on a single AL80 deserves to have something named after them!

Even if there is a charter named Wreck Valley, why not just call outselved the Wreck Valley Dive Club? That way it is not the same the Wreck Valley charted and is clearly different than a business? That is just my thought. Is anyone here a a legal eagle that would know if that is o.k. in copywright law?

Another question would be is any one here good at search engin optimization.

If you do a search for:
Wreck Valley Divers
Wreck Valley Dive Club
Wreck Valley Scuba

The first 2 results are
http://www.aquaexplorers.com/ - he charter's site
and links to his books on Amazon

Acually I just noticed, we come up last on the first page for Wreck Valley and third for Wreck Valley Scuba. Maybe it won't take that much work. If we have links to here on our site, and links to our site on the board, we may even be able to pass him and take over the # 1 spot in the rankings!

BUT...Here's one more thing to consider. Even if we don't legally have to change it, and we don't mind having a similar name to his.
Will he mind? After all this club is for NY, NJ, and PA divers. It would be a pretty bad way to start off, having one of the NJ charter captains pissed off at us, because we stole his name (even if it was unintentional) and a lot of his site traffic!

I am good at getting names high on search engine lists. All it takes is proper submission routines on a regular basis and that will cause it to climb the searh engine list quickly. A good Meta tag and good search content will make a huge difference also.. I can take care of these things also.

Hey All,

I don't think our name will be a problem as long as it's not exactly the same. I don't even think it will bother the captain, as "Wreck Valley" is a generic term used to describe the area.

Here's an example taken right from the area I took you guys diving a few weeks ago. That area is known as "Soundview" due to the cliffs overlooking the LI sound. There you can find the following.

Soundview Avenue
Soundview Scuba (the LDS)
The Soundview Motel (where Martin checks sausage lengths :D )
Soundview Divers (a local club)

That's just a few examples. There's "Soundview this" and "Soundview that" all over the place.

Having said that, I'd vote for "Martins Divers just for the laugh factor :D

Good point.

In that case my vote is for "Wreck Valley Divers"

but keep the domain name "wreckvalley.com"

shorter url = more gooder!

Wreck Valley Divers works for me too.

Hey all! john here!! great day yesterday! MAn...i'm beat up today after doing my show! LOL....tired!

I think that the name is fine and Wreck Valley Dive Club should be it!

Keep me in the loop on everything!!

J.T.
www.JohnTaglieri.com

J.T.- Great samples on your website. I like your sound. It reminds me of someone I can't place at the moment. I'll give it another listen when I'm more awake. Welcome to the board!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom