Our custom built Dive Trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We thought about a dehumidifier and will probably put one in before too long. I am still doing some wiring for interior lights independent from the tow vehicle power. This was our first time to use it and we are getting ideas as we go. Any more ideas are always welcome. Thanks for the complements and the feedback. The most amazing part about this project is my wife (who is a diver) gave it her official OKY DOKY.

here is the thread that I saw the de-humidifier in the corner of the trailer near the door..... but pics are small and the link in the thread doesn't work anymore, but you could PM the guy who had it and ask him

here is thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gear-equipment-classifieds/208544-fs-haulmark-scuba-trailer.html

adding lights is always great. I'd add 12v lights on a deep cycle "house battery", but also 110v overhead, such as floursecent. I've seen a couple trailers with this and works great. one set over the main walkway and one set over the workbench area. also a good time to put in 1 or 2 110v outlets at the workbench and maybe one near the rear of the trailer. I saw one that had some exterior plugs on it also, which was nice for plugging in stuff outside the trailer,such as canopy lights.

Of course 110v is great at home, but how do you power it at the dive site and not run a huge noisey generator? I've seen a couple folks use the Honda EU series, such as the Honda EU2000i. It's so dang quiet that you can barely hear it run. something like 56db or 59db. See folks just sit it out front of their trailer or mount them on the tounge. the cool thing about the generator is that it will run forever on a tank of gas or you can set it up to siphon from an external tank. (Lots of stuff on the Honda EU2000i Yahoo Group page on how to do this).

the "onsite power" of a small quiet generator allows you to run lights in the trailer and also a few fans to keep air moving. also nice for fans/lights under a canopy outside the trailer, or to run a TV if diving on football saturday and an important game is on.

If you really want to go fancy, I saw one dive trailer once that had a camper AC unit mounted on it's roof. (not kidding).

Not sure what you have for roof vents, but something like these might be a nice addition.
Amazon.com: Solar Roof vent for Car, RV, Shed, Boat, Greenhouse: Automotive

If you want 110 volts the easiest way is to use an inverter with a couple of 6 volt (Or 12 volt) batteries and tie in the 12 volt power feed from the tow vehicle for charging.

You wouldn't happen to want a K2500 Suburban to pull it with? I just so happen to have one for sale.

I have nothing to add, other than I WANT ONE!! Awesome trailer:rocker:

Pretty cool, but i want to know what the other guy asked, what is the tongue weight?

Glad your wife was so supportive. Don't know if I could pull that off.

Here's a few more pics. Nothing fancy. I stand corrected on the tongue weight, it's 350lbs not 400lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 132
The pipes you see going through the tank tubes screw into a flange on the floor. Just unscrew the pipe slide your tank in and screw the pipe back into the flange and you have a secure tank. I can't take credit for this invention, Crazy Uncle came up with this one. Good idea though. He's also responsible for the blue and yellow stripe. Looks good. I have no artistic ability.

Don't need the suburban, got a couple of expeditions laying around we can hook up to. We hauled gear for 10 people plus coolers, a gas grill, chairs, a table, and quite a few otehr odds and ends this past weekend. pulled right up over the Tennessee mountains with no trouble at all.

Very nice. I was considering doing something similar...still on the fence...Have you considered some sort of canopy/awning to hide from the sun/rain? Some sort of tent you can attach to the back end or the side of the trailer. Makes for a nice quick shelter to eat under dress under etc.

something to consider.

We've tossed that around a little, not sure if we want to mount something to the outside or not. Our home quarry has shelters with picnic tables that we can back the trailer right up to. Heading to the Keys in July with it but will be mostly boat diving. Still weighing the pros and cons over an awning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom