Our Christmas Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have you done your shopping yet? Do you have another diver to buy for or someone asking what YOU want for Christmas?

I don't know about ya'll but for months I'll think to myself "that would be cool for Christmas." but when it comes time to shop, I draw a blank, both for others and myself. So why don't we start a wish list. Things either you want and that you've seen that would make a good gift. Maybe put a ball park price with it. Then when we plan to shop we can check the list or maybe one of our SO's can check and see what we want ourselves.

So...What do you want for Christmas?

My LDS actually keeps a wishlist notebook, kind of like a wedding registry, but instead of china and silverware patterns, you actually list something useful. I always thought that was a neat idea. This way when someone asks you what you'd like for Christmas, you can say, "I'm registered at <insert your shop name here>."

Yeah, most of thje LDS's do that, too. What I'm thinking of is a scenario like this.....I've got a party to go to and the persons name I drew is also a diver. But I'm drawing a blank, all I can think of is defog and mag. subscriptions. I could come here and read what someones wishing for and get ideas. Or everytime I ask Beast what he wants, I get the usual "I don't need nothin'" But I could check in here to see if he'd listed anything.

See what I mean?

Or maybe I'm just blowing smoke trying to get some traffic going in this forum! :rolleyes:

My big problem is I don't think small very well.

Save a dive kit. Everyone should have one. Not everyone does.
Extra fin straps
Slap strap
Help a DM stock or restock a portable first aid kit. I know there are different definitions of portable first aid.
Magnadoodle style slates. They do eventually wear out

My wish list...

New regs... Apex or Aqualung
Lift bag/SMB
Primary reel... I like the new reel by Abyss.
Secondary reel
Aluminum backplate... FredT
PST LP Steel 102
Polypropylene thermals. No cotton. Cotton bad

Yall have a happy holiday.

TwoBit

OK Dee here is my list for Christmas,

FantaSea CP4 housing (fits nikon 4300) - $180
PST E-130 tank(s) ~$350
Drysuit ~ $1000
Hateras 6300 RPH (boat) ~ $1mil+

For more reasonable gifts
new compus
Save a dive kit ~O-rings, Mask/fin straps, etc..etc..etc
backup light
All purpose Scuba tool
new slate or wetnotes
FirstAid kit
Dive gloves or booties
Dive related shirts or towels
"Dee's Dew Rags"
Mesh Scuba bags

These are items that you can never have enough and will get used at some point in time even if they play backup duty for a while

Have a Merry Christmas,

Geek

How about a plastic tool/parts carrier with moveable dividers? I got one at Home Depot--it makes a fantastic save-a-dive kit.

Well this is depressing... I got all excited when I saw the thread and thought I'd get to play ask Santa and see if I got anything under my tree out at the lake.....

Then again... Beast's lap? nevermind....

I will have to second the whole "save-a-dive" concept. How many times have you saved me out at TL? Most people don't have the amount of parts/tools you have. Getting the little save a div tube is a quick way out, and not sure how much you want to spend, but giving a multipurpose tool would be nice..

even just fill a box with a couple of zip ties, mouthpiece, o-rings, etc...

I wanna see you sitting on Beasts lap! :rofL:

I think a really good save-a-dive kit is an ongoing project. Those kits in the tube are good to start but they actually have very little in the way of what you need on a regular basis. Some black duct tape will fix alot! :D

BTW...we're going to the lake Sunday so Beast can prove again how crazy he is. Come out and keep me company, we can play in the fire! :wink:

I bought this 5 mil to use. What time are y'all planning on being there.

Hhmmm...I don't know for sure. Lots depends on what the temp. is like, it's supposed to be in the 20's Sunday morning! I'm thinking that 5ml won't be enough. the water temps are already in the low 60's, maybe even the 50's with this cold weather all this week.

Back
Top Bottom