Our 4th annual underwater cleanup happens August 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The response for tour annual cleanups has been so popular that we have decided to form a nonprofit and have received our 501(c)(3) designation. I am including an ad that is running in the local paper and thought I'd see if anyone else is interested in joining us. To date we've removed 11 tons of tires, two refrigerators, many car/marine batteries, bikes and so much more.
We have our sites set on other harbors along Lake Superior and may just migrate down to the lower lakes once our work is done up here.
This year I was surprised with a national award from the National Association of the Daughters of the American Revolution. I'm told this is the first for a Scuba Diver.

Attachments

• MMJ0011945_Cleanup #4 Poster_0625.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 104
  • NSDAR AWARD small.jpg
    NSDAR AWARD small.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Large Tire.jpg
    Large Tire.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Fridge.jpg
    Fridge.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 85
Great to see the community coming together to clean up these big items. Is most of the refuse being dumped right off the pier? Such a shame that it ends up in the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom