OTS Nose Block adapter for OceanReef Full Face Masks

Are you interested in a similar adapter for your own OceanReef Mask?

• Yes

• Maybe

• No, I love the current OTS block

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MidwestDiver1994

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dive both an Oceanreef G.Diver full face mask as well as the OTS Guardian mask. Both are great masks.

However, I find that the OTS nose block is WAAAAAY better than what comes with the OceanReef mask. The Oceanreef mask has two prongs you are supposed to line your nostrils up with and inevitability one of them fails to seal. The OTS nose block on the other hand has a nice V shaped rubber block that pinches your nostrils shut and I am able to clear my ears much easier.

So, I jumped onto CAD and after three prototypes I finally came up with this orange adapter system for my Oceanreef mask that allows it to use a common V block from my OTS masks. Not only can I clear easier but now I can share common parts between the two masks!

I hope someone else finds this interesting as I was searching high and low for such an adapter to no avail.
PXL_20210721_151956175.jpg

PXL_20210721_152032498.jpg

That's pretty neat!

However I learned to equalize without using the nose blocks. I've used both and def agree, the OTS has a way better design for their blocks.

@napDiver , Equalizing w/o Valsalva or nose block would be sooo nice. I have very small estuation tubes according to my ENT. It is just always going to be a challenge for me. Having the pinch style V block gives me a better shot at it than trying to fill up all the dead space in my nose like a balloon with the OceanReef nostril plugs.

I found your post while looking for someplace to make me a custom V block for my OceanReef product. The OceanReef Neptune III is great and the nose block system is infinitely adjustable and there is a problem. Infinitely adjustable translate to it is going to take a bit to find the sweet spot, and then if you pull them out to clean them, start all over again. In short, great product, but they overthought the nose block. Either that or the V Block was patented. So how can I get what you made for myself?

I dive both an Oceanreef G.Diver full face mask as well as the OTS Guardian mask. Both are great masks.

However, I find that the OTS nose block is WAAAAAY better than what comes with the OceanReef mask. The Oceanreef mask has two prongs you are supposed to line your nostrils up with and inevitability one of them fails to seal. The OTS nose block on the other hand has a nice V shaped rubber block that pinches your nostrils shut and I am able to clear my ears much easier.

So, I jumped onto CAD and after three prototypes I finally came up with this orange adapter system for my Oceanreef mask that allows it to use a common V block from my OTS masks. Not only can I clear easier but now I can share common parts between the two masks!

I hope someone else finds this interesting as I was searching high and low for such an adapter to no avail. View attachment 672304
View attachment 672305
@MidwestDiver1994, I know I'm late to the party here, but any chance you are willing to share the CAD file? I purchased an Ocean Reef mask and love the fit, but the OTS nose block was much easier to equalize with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom