OTS Guardian FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you get the chance, do something to make you suck air...or at least simulate it without making yourself dizzy.

I used an AGA once in my PSD class. I never exerted myself so I can't compare regs with the Guardian. Everything breathes easy when you're just loafing around. :wink:

The Spectrum is a good option if you have any doubt about the ability of any of the FFM with a built in reg to deliver any amount of air you require. I'm sure they are fine but I'm saying if you have full confidence in your current reg to do the job you can keep it. When breathing through my mouth or nose and mouth I feel like there is no extra effort but if I breath through my nose only it takes more effort because of the amount of dead space and the amount of negative pressure it takes to trigger the reg.

I have a Spectrum and use a Hollis 500SE/DC7 setup. About 2 months ago I was in a heavy workload situation like I had never been in before. On any normal dive I'm good for 45 - 60 min depending on current, etc. On this dive I sucked down 600psi in 5 minutes and 1,000psi in 11 minutes. I now have full confidence that reg will deliver every bit of air I want under any circumstances. I never felt like I was over breathing the reg but if I did, with the Spectrum I could always just switch out the reg and keep the mask.

As an added bonus (I told myself while I was sucking wind like I was running a marathon) "at least if I have a heart attack I won't drown".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom