OTS Comm - Buddy Phone vs. Aquacom® SSB-2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RGist

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to make a decision between the OTS MKII-BUD (Buddy Phone) or the OTS Aquacom® SSB-2010. I will be using it for general recreational use, but I want it to be of good communication quality and very reliable. I would be interested in suggestions.

Thanks!

One of the big differences is the cost factor and who you will be diving with that has a underwater communications. The Buddy Phone is less expensive but does have its limitations. I dive both professionally and recreationally. Recreationally I dive with the Buddy Phone at work I have used the SSB-2010. With the Buddy Phone you don't need any other equipment to communicate. My suggestion is that you go online with OTS and review their products which I am sure you have. Recreationally I would go with the Buddy Phone. Good Luck.

I also have both. The SSB-2010 is a heavier duty unit but is more bulky. For recreational use the Buddy phone is a low profile unit, cheaper and suitable for many dive conditions. What FFM are you going to use ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom