OT: Restaurant Recommendation in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rosine's is good, the deserts are awesome, The Mucky Duck actually has some good dishes, as well as beverages. There is a little middle-eastern joint by the Pvt. Bolio gate of the Presidio that is awesome, the baklava is killer. My favorite is Papa Chano's, it's near Rosines, they got the best hangover cures on the planet; the super nachos.

reefugee:
Hello all,

Is there a restaurant guide for the Monterey area (including Carmel)? If you have an eatery that you can recommend in the Montery area, I'd love to hear a little review about it - including type of food, price and service. Considering how often I have been going to Monterey for some diving, it would be nice to try out different eatery (especially some of the affordable one).

Thanks
minh
www.hellomonterey.com/Restaurants.cfm

My two favorites are in Pacific Grove, just a couple minutes away from Monterey:
Red House Cafe-soups, sandwiches, yummy desserts, homey, great for lunch or brunch on their outdoor porch
Passionfish-classy dinner date restaurant, delicious fish/seafood-all sustainable, affordable wine list
Some other possibilities:
Tillie Gorts-vegetarian cafe
Cafe Fina-Italian on the wharf
That British pub on K-dock-post-dive burgers hit the spot

Yeah,a friendly bunch at the deli huh? I tried to talk to the owner who was out manning the pit about his BBQ (I have a nice smoker at home) what kind of wood,etc?
He wouldnt give me the time of day...

The British Bulldog is awesome for burgers and chicken sandwiches! Boddingtons
on tap!The british gals behind the bar are funny!

Why does diving make you soooo hungry!
Where is Turtle Bay located?

+1 for Chili Great Chili. Awesome portions and a wide variety of food from all over the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom