Oriskany Trip 4/28 Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you see the big octopus on the flight deck? It was the biggest I've ever seen. This was my 2nd time on the "O" and was truly amazed at the growth since August.

baydive20:
Did you see the big octopus on the flight deck? It was the biggest I've ever seen. This was my 2nd time on the "O" and was truly amazed at the growth since August.

:useless:

Seadoggirl is so right... the Oriskany this weekend was so amazing. The scooter techs were from the Nekton 45 (I think the Down Under boat... friends of mine from here in middle GA). The huge octopus was also an amazing sight to see... visibility was awesome... great weather... you really couldn't have asked for better dive conditions. I must say I was on the boat the Wet Dream this weekend and just like I have heard about some other operators, they were such a fun group to be diving with. We got grilled hot dogs between dives and then to beat the heat after both dives they had hand churned ice cream which was fun. The captain and divemasters were very relaxed and made the trip pretty easy and enjoyable. Hopefully I will get to dive it again soon.

The scooter techs were a great bunch of guys and fun to hang out with and watch. A great time was had by all that dove the "O" this weekend.

I was on one of the scooters , what an awesome dive , got so caught up like in the elevator bay and fantail area and every hatch that i forgot to take some pic below 150', didn't eve take a pic till i got back to the island after 30 minutes. Downunder was by far the BEST boat ride i've been on i can not give enough praise to all the divemasters, as a tek diver they did exactly everything i asked for, 2 thumbs up to the crew.

John

You've got that right. It's so great that they work together, take care of each other, never bad mouth the competition.... We were out there and Capt Gary asked Capt Doug, "Where's Capt Dave?" "Oh he's not leaving the dock until 11:00" They care about each other and help each other. Dive Masters are yelling "hello" from boat to boat. Orange Beach and Pensacola do a great job of working together. You are right, we are blessed!

Why wouldn't they worth together? They all came up with the AOW rule etc.. Plus, there are so many people wanting to go to the O' that I'm sure they usually fill up every boat that goes out there..

Plus, if they break down out there, I'm sure they'd want a tow back :p

It's just professional courtesy to greet your fellow boat captains, dive masters, etc..

That's why I like diving so much, everyone know everyone, even if its the first time you've met :)

I am one of the Dive masters on the H2O below. When I hear people talking about how good all of the boats work toghter it tells me we are doing somthing right. Thanks for the good words and we hope to see you all out on the Big O again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom