Oriskany Info Dive Trip Late June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genenaples

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am setting up a trip to the Oriskany in the third week of June and am seeking info on area dive shops/boats. We are leaving from Naples, can anyone give advice on who to use and where to stay? Is Pensacola the best launching site? Any others closer? Destin perhaps from SW FL. Any advice would be great, thanks

gene

Pensacola is the closest place to launch from, there are several dive ops there that are making trips. Contact, MBT, Dive Pros, and ScubaShack all of them are surely arranging trips. Also, Gary's Gulf Diver in Orange Beach, they launch from P'Cola and will goto the Oriskany.

A few of the other lower AL dive shops are arranging trips as well, but launching from Orange Beach so expect a slightly longer ride out. Underwater Works, Down Under, ect.

Thanks, I called MBT and they had openings for June. Has anyone been on the wreck yet? Any comments or recommendations?

frostologist posted in the Dixie Forum that he had gone and had a great time. Try PM'n him.

I saw it sink, but that took enough funds for me to have to sit out until July/Aug before I get a chance to dive her. She's only been open to diving for like half a week.

ffestpirate: we just booked MBT http://www.mbtdivers.com/ for June 24 & 25. 24th is selling out fast and 25th they just opened another boat for us. Let me know if you are interested, our truck is full but I have another single who may be interested and has an open seat and needs a buddy. We are going up Friday, diving sat and sun on the Oriskany and returning Mon. We figure if we have to drive 10 hours we should stay for a while!

genenaples:
ffestpirate: we just booked MBT http://www.mbtdivers.com/ for June 24 & 25. 24th is selling out fast and 25th they just opened another boat for us. Let me know if you are interested, our truck is full but I have another single who may be interested and has an open seat and needs a buddy. We are going up Friday, diving sat and sun on the Oriskany and returning Mon. We figure if we have to drive 10 hours we should stay for a while!
Ugh, why couldn't you have made this on the 8th/9th of july? I will be in Bonita Springs on 6th packing up mom's place and driving stuff back. I'm thinking of making the detour to p'cola and diving the O on 7/8 and 7/9. Oh well. Someone will be there :)

Chris

Sorry Chris, that would have been great, you should book way in advance though as P'cola is being overrun with divers from all over. I spoke to a friend up there today and they confirmed that MBT and Scuba Shack are the best bet. According to him a number of "new" dive charters have sprung up using any available fishing boat to run people out. He recommends caution and staying with the LDS I mentioned.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom