Oriskany early May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@flyingDiver75 Nice vid! Did you have your own boat or use one of the local operators? Care to share the mix and profile you used?
We used a local operator and had the boat to ourselves -- otherwise drift deco is often not an option. Niuhi, Jolly Rodger, and Viking will all work trips like these with prior arrangement and as 6-packs are easy to 'fill'.

Plan based on 150' for 30 minutes on EAN25 with EAN80 for deco using ZHL16-C with 30/70 gradient factors calculated with Multideco. We were diving twin sets of LP-85's and LP-95's with AL40 deco bottles. [Always cut your own plan before attempting a dive like this :)!]

Stops:
70' for 0:20
60' for 2:00
50' for 4:00
40' for 5:00
30' for 4:00 (Gas Switch to 80%)
20' for 22:00
70 minutes total run
Nominal dive needed ~150CF of bottom gas and 26CF of deco gas assuming 0.7 working / 0.6 deco SAC rates

The actual dive ran close to schedule except for some extra 'clean up' time at 20' to switch to back gas and stow deco regs, etc to prep for getting back on the boat. 74 minute total run. Computers cleared 2-3 minutes early since we didn't spend the entire bottom profile at 150.

Thanks. I'm mentally planning a multi-dive plan to Oriskany for later this year. I landed a navy A-7E on that deck in the early 70s; I've made two previous recreational dives; now I want to get to the vicinity of 175' off the bow and stern for videography and still photography; and possibly an "outside-looking-in" to the hangar bay from one of the deck edge elevators. Will clearly take several dives / multiple days / and Trimix. Looks like your team did a good job at the AN/DP graduation level and 150'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom