Oriskany 6/30/2007 (redux)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
On 6/30 we made a trip to the Oriskany on Scuba Shack's Wet Dream.
It was a beautiful day, with light winds, one foot seas, dolphins jumping in the wake on the way out...
When we jumped in we could see the entire Island, all the way down to the flight deck 138 feet below.

The Lovely Young Kat and daughter Cary presenting the colors...
attention_to_colors.jpg

I found this small school of grey snapper all lined up, ready for inspection!
pretty_girls_all_in_a_row.jpg

This fellow was showing off his impressive dentition near the top of the Island.
cuda_pcola_070701.jpg

Here's Smedley... note the bifocals :)
tommy.jpg

Whenever I see these fellows about, I start wondering where they left their regular ride... :D
where_s_my_ride.jpg

A delightful diving day. Scuba Shack is a class act, complete with hand-cranked ice cream for the ride in. Highly recommended.
Rick

Very nice! I'm going the end of July. I hear there is a lot to see above 100'. Is that correct? It looks beautiful!

I was there on 7-7-07 for my first time. The vis was great,but man was there a lot of boat's on the site. With the size of the ship you really don't notice all the people down on the wreck. I'll pick a different time of year next time the jellies were out, but the DM said that the day before they were really bad. I would like to get back and take the wife next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom