Original volo vs volo power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mtbr

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Isn't the updated version supposed to be more stiff? However, I compared the original volo against the power volo side by side yesterday, and the original seemed stiffer when I went to flex it. I'm not sure if this stiffness was attribed to the shorter lenght of the original volo, or perhaps the rubber material has is old and stiffen on its own.

Therefore, I just can't imagine how the power volo could generate more power. Also, the straps on the power volo are not nearly as pliable as my original volo.

Any comments?

Why don,t you do a pool test side by side? Do 5 laps with the volo, rest, then 5 laps with the Power... If there is a major difference, you should be able to feel it/ see the difference in times...

I like my Powers, but they definetly aren,t the most powerfull fin out there... Comfortable? Oh yes!!!! Power horses? Oh no...

Just my 0.02$:coffee:

Hi,

Isn't the updated version supposed to be more stiff? However, I compared the original volo against the power volo side by side yesterday, and the original seemed stiffer when I went to flex it. I'm not sure if this stiffness was attribed to the shorter lenght of the original volo, or perhaps the rubber material has is old and stiffen on its own.

Therefore, I just can't imagine how the power volo could generate more power. Also, the straps on the power volo are not nearly as pliable as my original volo.

Any comments?

MTBR,

1st welcome to the board. I see this is your first post and it's a good one. To answer your question, the Volo Power (2nd gen.) is not necessarily supposed to be stiffer. The Volo Power simply offers more propulsion for the same effort. It is a little longer, slightly wider, and has much more rubber compound on the blade of the fin, which translates into more channeling of water down the fin blade. This results in greater propulsion with minimal effort. This fin is a better performing product than its predecessor.

We switched to a different supplier of fin straps for a short period of time and have since gone back to the more pliable fin straps for all current production.

Hope this answers your questions and look forward to hearing from you down the road.

Best,

Why don,t you do a pool test side by side? Do 5 laps with the volo, rest, then 5 laps with the Power... If there is a major difference, you should be able to feel it/ see the difference in times...

I like my Powers, but they definetly aren,t the most powerfull fin out there... Comfortable? Oh yes!!!! Power horses? Oh no...

Just my 0.02$:coffee:

I would love to put your idea to the test but can't test drive for another few weeks. I just came off an ankle injury and and that's why I'm looking for a set of easy kickers till I recover.

Zak,

Thanks for clarifying and following up. I picked up a set of the new power volos.
I also have the demon mask on order - hope it fits the same as your x-vision.

Zak,

Thanks for clarifying and following up. I picked up a set of the new power volos.
I also have the demon mask on order - hope it fits the same as your x-vision.

I think you should like them. They are very easy kicking fins. And when you give it, they can push fairly hard too... But in my oppinion, good for an ankle injury...

Cheers!:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom