Ordered my Scuba Pro Jet fins today? Hope I like them...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
I have always loved blade fins and do a lot of frog kicking. Never heard anything bad about these fins. My last Beuchat blades lasted me about 6 years and now look like crap so I am hoping these new fins will fit the bill. They don't seem must stiffer than my current fins. They do take some getting used to as they are about 4 inches shorter than my old fins. I have tried them on out of the pool and they seem real nice. Hopefully they will kick but underwater like I have read.

Where does everyone get the spring straps and do you replace them for comfort or fear of breaking?

Ordered them from Leisure Pro for $64.

Spring straps make it very easy to put them on. I went from split fins to the jet fins recently and love them. Still getting used to the frog kick, but so happy to give up my flutter, and so is the rest of the quarry I dive at.

Mine was given to me....but i'll ask if it was the LDS or an order on-line. I am sure some one will chime in with an answer before i get off of work though.

Spring straps are a must....makes your Jets soooo much easier to put on and take off. They also make your fins fit firmly on your feet and you never have to worry about accidentally losing a fin to the depths.

Congrats on your new purchase, let us know what you think once you get them.

just make sure you got them in the right size...I'm a size 10 in running shoes, and couldn't get my foot into their L....mostly everyone I know around my size uses XL.

stangscuba98a:
Where does everyone get the spring straps and do you replace them for comfort or fear of breaking.

Here is where I would get them, but the usual detractors will be by shortly to offer you a cheaper option... :wink:

http://shop.extreme-exposure.com/acc/halc-accessories.shtml

I replaced the original straps with springs for both of the reasons you cited.

Hope that helps.

-kkm

I used my Jet Fins a total of two times before replacing the straps w/spring straps. What a world of difference. Hope you like your new fins. They are the BEST.

H - the IslandCowgirl

aznlmpulse:
just make sure you got them in the right size...I'm a size 10 in running shoes, and couldn't get my foot into their L....mostly everyone I know around my size uses XL.

I got a L and I have a 9-10 foot. They fit when I tried them on at the shop so we will see.

stangscuba98a:
Where does everyone get the spring straps and do you replace them for comfort or fear of breaking?

The springs make putting on the fins so much quicker. When the surf is running in 10 second period, you've got only 10 second to put on a fin. You don't really want a wave to hit you while you are in the "figure four" posiiton. Having a fin half on and then getting rolled is a good way to loose a fin.

Just last night I was diving with two new-diver buddies and they were both looking down and fiddling in the dark with fins straps for what seemed like 5 minutes. It is not good to be in the surf zone for 5 minutes.

Congrats on the Jets - you'll love them. Spring straps are a must - I got mine on sale at the Ginnie dive shop for $35 or $40 (Manta).

-Nick

Back
Top Bottom