Ordered my Nex5N

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelsonrl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It should be here later this week. This will be my topside and underwater camera. Replacing a Canon G9 that I used underwater and a Canon D20. Been a long time since I have used anything other than a Canon, but think I will be very pleases with this one. The D20 is a nice camera, but weighs a ton. Tired of lugging it around.

I will get an underwater case for the Sony, but probably after the first of the year. Give it time to see who else comes out with one. Recsea told me they will go into production next month (December) with theirs and Natuicam already has theirs so a couple of good choices available.

Congrats on the new camera.

If you're into wide angle video, the camera should be pretty nice. During video the older NEX5 would crop the image (sides and top and botom) and make for a slightly less wide angle image whereas the NEX5N theres only the top and bottom crop to fit the 16:9 format to the 4:3 sensor. For photography stitch panorama is fun as well if you have some ambient light to work with.

Got it last night. By the time the batteries charged, it was to late to do much other than play with the menu's, but I think I will really like this camera. The DSLR I had was just to bulky to travel with (even when not diving) and an older model not suitable for underwater. I have used Canons all my life and was pretty brand loyal, but I think Canon has missed the boat by not introducing something in the mirrorless line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom