Orca Edge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Orca was my first dive computer when I started diving back in '91. What a trooper!

Unfortunately, it gave up last year in Cayman. I'm sure you'll all be happy to know it received a full state funeral. :wink:

It was a great little computer that I had no qualms about letting relatives use when they dove with us, or as a back up.

Alas, poor Orca. I knew it, Horatio...

The Orca Edge is a fabulous piece of diving history.

I collect old computers and have a great one which I still dive from time to time.

If nothing else they're a great talking point, and less likely to kill you than a Bendomatic!

http://www.users.on.net/~abowie/bendo.htm

Anyone know where I can find documentation on The Edge? Just picked one up yesterday and want to have fun playing with it.

Uh, thought this was an Orca Edge..... ;-)

A User Manual would be nice.

Gosh, I also have an Edge, and a Phoenix or two laying around here, although I dont dive them anymore, they are all still in fine working order.

Great pieces of equipment they were indeed.

While I am at it, anyone know where I might be able to pick up a seal? The one on there looks pretty compressed. Wouldn't want to put it in the water only to watch it flood. Or are those known for holding up "forever" (though "forever" may have already been reached with the age of this thing).

While I am at it, anyone know where I might be able to pick up a seal? The one on there looks pretty compressed. Wouldn't want to put it in the water only to watch it flood. Or are those known for holding up "forever" (though "forever" may have already been reached with the age of this thing).

I have to say, I have never heard of an EDGE flooding (although I am sure it happened occassionally) but I think it was rare, they were pretty bulletproof.!

Unfortunately I dont know of anywhere one can still get spares for these units, I tried a few years ago but never really got anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom