Orbitz code appears to be working again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Orbitz 200entertain code appears to be working now for 2011. Happy booking to all!

Definitely appreciate you posting the code. Though, from my research it still seems cheaper to book directly with the hotel, would you agree?? For example, for March 2011 (when I'm looking to go), Hotel Cozumel is offering a 7 night, 6 days of diving all inclusive package for $986 and then you just pay for airfare. On orbitz, a 7 night stay at hotel cozumel +airfare came out to $1400 or so, and then you'd still pay for the diving every day (figure what like $60-80 for a 2 tank dive each day)? It's my first time traveling to Cozumel so any input is appreciated, thanks!

The Orbitz 200entertain code appears to be working now for 2011. Happy booking to all!

Man this is awesome! I hope it's valid for a little while. I'm going to look at booking that trip end of may/early June. I'll hopefully be able to reserve it in a month or so.

Is this good for just hotel? I've already got airfare and diving covered hopefully.

How very nice. Zman96 posted at almost the same time you did but you used a better title. :thumb: Anyway, glad you guys kept checking; I'd given up. :depressed:

It does not seem to have been extended for all of 2011 shopping, but can be used until March 31 for any 2011 travel, maybe*...
Book a qualifying Mexico, Caribbean, or Hawaii flight + hotel package between September 1, 2009, and March 31, 2011, for 7 or more nights for travel between September 1, 2009, and December 31, 2011, via Orbitz and instantly receive $200 off your booking through the use of the promotion code. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.
Definitely appreciate you posting the code. Though, from my research it still seems cheaper to book directly with the hotel, would you agree?? For example, for March 2011 (when I'm looking to go), Hotel Cozumel is offering a 7 night, 6 days of diving all inclusive package for $986 and then you just pay for airfare. On orbitz, a 7 night stay at hotel cozumel +airfare came out to $1400 or so, and then you'd still pay for the diving every day (figure what like $60-80 for a 2 tank dive each day)? It's my first time traveling to Cozumel so any input is appreciated, thanks!
Past experiences have shown this to be a great tool altho it's always good to crunch all of the numbers on this approach vs others for your personal plans. I don't know how many in your party, to a room, what departure airport, what actual dates, so I can't help much with a comparison.

* I did try a pair of dates in March from FLL, but did not get the code to work? :confused:

If your $986 AI each includes taxes (?) then add air @ $424-454 = $1410-1440 each

I think the "$1400 or so" you found might have been for 2 travelers? I get $733 each for air & Hotel Coz for a week, Free Breakfast Buffet + $50 Credit, including taxes. If you add your suggested $60-80/trip x 6 = $360-$480 to that $733 = $1093-$1213, cheaper but not All Inclusive like your deal. You want AI for $200-300 more?

Now if the $200 discount had worked, that would save you $100 each on a couple thereby increasing the spread. I don't know why it didn't as it seems to fit the rules okay and I think I did it right.

Phone Orbitz! I found the phone agent to be very helpful and getting done what I could not. I love using this code traveling alone and staying in a cheaper hotel, taking the $200 off of my private room. :cool: Get a nice hotel for $15 night private.

I do strongly suggest not booking ground transfers or other extras thru Orbitz or other advance booking sites tho. Not only more paperwork to keep up with, and return trips more complicated, but ground transfers can cost twice as much that way, etc!

Code isn't working from Houston on January dates either.

Last edited:
Code is working from Houston on Jamuary dates either.
That didn't make sense to me?

The rules say that it should work. If this is a new change, maybe there are some bugs. If you really want to book now, I think phone Orbritz.

That didn't make sense to me?

The rules say that it should work. If this is a new change, maybe there are some bugs. If you really want to book now, I think phone Orbritz.

Done, I had a typo. I should have said it isn't working, but I think you understood what I meant to say.

In the past it worked for air and hotel or air and car rental, correct? I am looking to book a trip at the end of February and was thinking of booking air and car for myself and booking seperately air and hotel for my wife. DD, didn't you mention something like that some months ago???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom