Orange Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've tried both - liked the HD. The jet is a bit heavier and i use a 6.5mm drysuit up here for work so the extra weight is appreciated. Plus, I think I also just like the rarity or the orange jets :p

I’m really struggling to find online data (to compare to my own data with a hanging scale) on the dry weight difference between an RK3 and an RK3 HD. I own a pair of standard RK3s, size XL. I recently purchased a set of HD, also size XL. I weighed both sets dry - almost same dang weight. 0.02lbs difference. Shouldn’t the HD’s be heavier? I have not weighed them in water yet to verify buoyancy differences. But I wonder if I was sent a pair of standard RK3s inside an HD bag. There is no designation on the fin to show “HD”. Does anyone own a set and can tell me if there is any designation stamped in the material?

Yeah, but that’s limited data. Really looking for wet weights. Anyways, I broke down and did a real comparison study of 7 sets of fin (OMS, SPro Jets, RK3’s, Hogs, Drites, etc.) both dry and wet weights.

Yeah, but that’s limited data. Really looking for wet weights. Anyways, I broke down and did a real comparison study of 7 sets of fin (OMS, SPro Jets, RK3’s, Hogs, Drites, etc.) both dry and wet weights.

I'd be very interested in the results of that comparison. I'm also looking for orange fins and like the Jets I'm using now. If the RK3 HD has a similar negative buoyancy to the Jets, that would be nice but I haven't found any hard numbers on it.

I have the results just compiling. I think this will help a lot of folks that need real numbers (wet and dry) of the different pairs of fins. Can’t really trust the manufacturer’s website, at least in my opinion, because have found many discrepancies.

Hello Folks

I am on the hunt for a pair of the Scubapro Jet Fins in Orange, preferably size XL.

Does anyone have any knowledge on where I could purchase? I have reached out to a few shops in Asia.

Cheers!

Image for reference:
View attachment 645307

I can get them here in Japan, message me if you like, happy to help. I've not read the thread past the first post so apologise if this has been resolved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom