Orange County Memorial Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edkibbe

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm travelling to Huntington Beach over memorial day weekend with my family and would love to get a coupe of dives in. Since my wife doesn't dive and my kids are to young I would love to find a buddy but I will admit that I have no experience with California water. Where should I go, who should I contact, and what will the average water temps be?

Any help is appreciated.

:wink: Eric

Cold, lol. You will need a 7mm wetsuit, they are available for rental at many places tho. Were you thinking of shor diving or boat diving?

You will find much more beauty on a boat out to one of the islands.

I STRONGLY suggest the Sundiver: www.sundiver.net

Heck Ed, If it was a couple of weeks after, I would put you on one of my charters on the Sundiver. . . it is my FAVORITE boat!

PM me if there is anything I can do to put you and Ray together!

I'll check out Sundivers. Jesster asked if I was planning a boat dive or shore dive and I'm impartial at this point. Is the shore diving any good. Interested in diving a Kelp Forest but I believe I have to go further south toward San Diego.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom