Orange 108 parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure you guys are talking about the actual diaphragm or the rubber diaphragm cover? I suspect you mean the cover. Probably your best bet is to see if vdh will make a run of their covers in orange.

Using an actual diaphragm from a different regulator is likely an exercise in futility.

I've never seen one with an orange cover, but I do have a 108 in excellent condition with orange mouthpiece and exhaust tee that I would trade for a pair of SP DIN kits. Time to convert my MK15s to DIN.

Are you sure you guys are talking about the actual diaphragm or the rubber diaphragm cover? I suspect you mean the cover. Probably your best bet is to see if vdh will make a run of their covers in orange.

Using an actual diaphragm from a different regulator is likely an exercise in futility.

I've never seen one with an orange cover, but I do have a 108 in excellent condition with orange mouthpiece and exhaust tee that I would trade for a pair of SP DIN kits. Time to convert my MK15s to DIN.

Screenshot_2018-02-20-07-39-03.png

Orange diaphragm, not cover. The 1988 (and other years? ) schematic for the SP 108 listed orange options for the diaphragm, exhaust tee and mouthpiece.

IMG_0543.JPG

I found a mk V with a balanced adjustable 109 for sale in decent shape. What would you consider a good price to pay?

I found a mk V with a balanced adjustable 109 for sale in decent shape. What would you consider a good price to pay?

Whatever you are willing to pay.....

So, is it a n "old style" with two LP ports, or a "modern" turret top? Is it a 109 or a 156? If a 156, when was it upgraded?

All of these things change the value, but it also boils down to what you are willing to spend. I'm cheap, and will search until I find what I want for the price I want....

Last edited:
How about that, you learn something new every day. Thanks for setting me straight!

I'm not sure what the purpose of the orange diaphragm is, considering it's only visible through the small holes in the purge cover.

BTW, I believe there are different diaphragms for different runs of 108s. There are differing lever configurations and the diaphragm/cover must match the lever. I know I have two different ones that are not interchangeable.

I bought some black ones from VDH but don't like the way they fit, they are shorter than the original (?) and leave a noticable gap between the cover and face plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom