Options for Divemaster training - April - May 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i agree, as your becoming a Diving professional you have to learn to get involved in the nitty gritty of the profession too, its not always diving diving diving. This can involve anything from filling tanks to taking out snorkeling guests whilst everybody else is getting to dive. Here at Blue Season Bali, we integrate special workshops on our divemaster courses, everything from compressor works shops to current work shops (how to read and predict the currents on Nusa Penida, Bali Diving | Nusa Penida Dive Sites which has some crazy crazy currents and amazing drift diving!)

If this sounds like something that may interest you please take time to check out our website:

PADI DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP | DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP BALI

or see and talk to people who have already done their internships with us:

Login | Facebook

BLUE SEASON BALI

Hi SCUBAW.. where did u get with all this??
thanks for the thread and thanks to everyone for inadvertently answering some of my un-asked questions : )
planning on doing my DM this year.. maybe June? was looking at Puerto Galera...
have my AOW and about 150 dives.. is June a good time for diving in PG?
will prob try and fit it in 4 weeks ish.. too short?
cheers!

Hots, from what I know June is the beginning of the rainy season... You can still get good weather, but chances are thre for rain and storms...

4 weeks is kinda short. In theory, all you need is 4-5 days for your rescue class + 2 weeks for your DM course... So 3 weeks... But you aren,t getting any hands on experience with that... just the minimal requirements for the course... If you can, I would highly recommend taking more time (a few more weeks at least) to spend working at the shop gaining experience. I did it in 5 weeks, but would have prefered a few more years working there just to get experience...:D:rofl3:

Also, if you,re going to do in in so little time, buy all the manuals ahead of time and do all the academic work before you arrive. There is a LOT to do and this will save you time once there (who want to be reading books each night while in paradise???:cool2:).

If you have more specific questions, fire away...:coffee:

Hi SCUBAW.. where did u get with all this??
thanks for the thread and thanks to everyone for inadvertently answering some of my un-asked questions : )
planning on doing my DM this year.. maybe June? was looking at Puerto Galera...
have my AOW and about 150 dives.. is June a good time for diving in PG?
will prob try and fit it in 4 weeks ish.. too short?
cheers!

I think a lot depends on exactly what you intend to do with your divemaster rating... I know lots of guys who have been in and around shops and clubs enough that they already have plenty of "hands on" experience and the "internships" that many people offer are sometimes redundant experience..

Hots, from what I know June is the beginning of the rainy season... You can still get good weather, but chances are thre for rain and storms...

4 weeks is kinda short. In theory, all you need is 4-5 days for your rescue class + 2 weeks for your DM course... So 3 weeks... But you aren,t getting any hands on experience with that... just the minimal requirements for the course... If you can, I would highly recommend taking more time (a few more weeks at least) to spend working at the shop gaining experience. I did it in 5 weeks, but would have prefered a few more years working there just to get experience...:D:rofl3:

Also, if you,re going to do in in so little time, buy all the manuals ahead of time and do all the academic work before you arrive. There is a LOT to do and this will save you time once there (who want to be reading books each night while in paradise???:cool2:).

If you have more specific questions, fire away...:coffee:

cheers for the heads up.. maybe i got some wrong info from a tourist website?

"Diving is possible all year round, with the best time being March to October" ??

can anyone confirm best time of year for diving in PG?

figured i would go bang in the middle.. plus weather starts to get crap here around June - good time to escape

Trying to save $$s atm to go so that time of year is looking good...

Will b doing it on holiday from work (with the potential to bail on work and stay :wink: ).. hence the tight schedule. Yeah have been told that getting onto the study pre-course is a good move!

thanks!

From what I know, and remember I'm not a local (the local PPDers are much more knowledgeable about this than I am), prime time is pretty much March to June. Temps are getting warmer, less rain (so better vis). But it's also the high season, so prices (accomodations) go up also.

You can definetly go all year. The diving, although not at it's best, will still beat 99% of what is elwehere in the world. You'll just have less vis and more chances of loosing a few dive days due to storms... While I was there in february-march 2008, It rained for about the first 3 weeks I was there! Vis and light conditions were awfull. There was litterally 5-10 feet vis in the first 5 m of the water collumn. The diving was still amazing...:D

Good luck trying to leave your Job!!!!:coffee::coffee::D

cheers for the heads up.. maybe i got some wrong info from a tourist website?

"Diving is possible all year round, with the best time being March to October" ??

can anyone confirm best time of year for diving in PG?

figured i would go bang in the middle.. plus weather starts to get crap here around June - good time to escape

Trying to save $$s atm to go so that time of year is looking good...

Will b doing it on holiday from work (with the potential to bail on work and stay :wink: ).. hence the tight schedule. Yeah have been told that getting onto the study pre-course is a good move!

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom