Opinions please, Pinnacle Evo II Vs White's Catalyst 360

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well these are the 2 I've got it narrowed to. Who has experience with them both and can compare them head to head?

Jim

I'll send this to the top again as I've got the same question.

I you want it to live in an unusually abusive environment, and last a long time there, get the Pinnacle.

If you want it to be as flexible as a (thin) wetsuit, be incredibally easy to don by yourself, and only have above-average durability, get the Whites 360.

Try before you buy. Since I'm not always crawling over barnacles or penetrating wrecks with their snaggy rusty torn metal, it was the 360 for me.

All the best, James

Cant compare them head to head, but I've been diving a 360 for about 2 years now & can't say enough good about it. Never had so much as a little leak in it yet. Knock on wood. Sorry I can't testify to the Pinnacle, but wanted to offer my $0.02

I have the Evolution I and it's a great suit. You might find you need to go a size up on the boots. I had to send mine back for bigger boots. I needed an 11 for a size 10 foot.

Very rugged and good looking suit.

Mine is for sale with only a handful of dives on iy if you are interested. It's in the classifieds. I use my 2.5MM Crushed neoprene more, and decided to sell the trilam.

Well I think I'm leaning towards the Pinnacle. I dive pretty much exclusively wrecks, and will be taking NAUI Technical wreck penetration next summer. I've dove the pinnacle twice and liked it, tho the one I dove was too big, so I'll have to get measured and figure out exactly what size I need. Anyway thanks for the advice guys, this will definetly extend my diving season quite a bit.

My Evo 2 should be at my desk tomorrow, took about 30 days to get it. :D

It will get wet this weekend, it should be fun anyway, at least to the audience, as both my buddy and me never dove a DS... :)

I don't know a lot about the Pinnacle, but the White's Catalyst 360 would be a great choice for a lot of reasons.

First, the suit is made in Canada, just outside of Victoria BC. Their suits are build to dive the water tempertures that Canadians dive and all their suits are tested in Canadian Waters.

The Catalyst 360 is one of the most rugged trilam suits on the market. The stretch panels allow the suit to be more form-fitting and have excellent flexibility. Because it is more streamline, it has less drag and is extremely comfortable to dive.

Dive Jedi can speak more to the workman ship of the suit than I can but everyone I know who owns the Catalyst 360 loves it.

It has arrived, stock size ML Evolution 2, size 10 boots and ML Evolution undergarment. :D
http://www.inet.hr/~astancin/evo.jpg

Will post a short review after this weekend when I do couple of dives with it and try to balance out properly to see how much weight I'll need with the full setup.

Short review - I really really like it! :D

On the other hand, it is too early and probably a tad too much for me to go with the Evolution undergarment, but I tried it on anyway, fits perfectly with the suit. Have to try it with more light undergarment, as it looks like 10kg of lead to sink the whole setup now. I forgot what it feels like to have that much lead on my belt, will have to add something to the plate... :)

Back
Top Bottom