Opinions on Mt. Pinatubo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here is the number of the 4 X 4 company - 09102277575

I guess best time to go is now while it's hot. They don't allow 4wheels on the lahar area during rainy season. It turns into quick sand and 10 jeeps lost as of last count. The Phil Airforce who guards the area wont let tourist thru if rain starts.

Jan-Feb is also good as the breeze is cooler. It's 1000ft elevation...

how many pax to a jeep Doy? what's a comfortable-non-sardine-like number?

Sorry, forgot to mention, this company that we got, # above can pack 6-7 pax in a jeep. Other companies only 3 pax per jeep.

Better go with a company that maintains their jeep well. On our way down, there was a jeep that had it's oil pump blown out... imagine, stuck in a tree less mountain... no shade and lots of dust!!! I felt bad for the hikers because they were in the middle from both directions... far to go up, and far to go down...

BTW, tell the jeep company to meet you in Capas Tarlac. No need to meet up in Clark. Better bring your car at the jump off point. Bring MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) You can find lots in Clark or Dau. These are left overs by US servicemen... Sorry, it's suppose to be illegal to sell them but yes you can find them there. I guess the soldiers don't want to carry them around.

good to see the lake's back to its healthy color. now i know why they panicked when it turned to a rusty color 4 years ago.

don't be discouraged to go up, jeff. it's a manageable hike if i was able to hike up there in a day. and you can hire locals to carry your stuff for you :)

Back
Top Bottom