opinions on lasik

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info guys. I'll take another look at it. It has been a few years since I last asked about it and as Wildcard pointed out Technology is always improving.

i just had a consultation with one of the best doctors in the states for LASIK and he said that scuba can resume after one week. he himself is a diver as well.

also, FYI, the latest technology is Wavefront, which is a computer that takes 200 sample points to automatically figure out where the laser will shape, and Interlace, which is where the laser cuts the cornea flap.

gonna be expensive but well worth it i hope. i'm doin it beginning of may...

I did it about a year ago and have been very happy with the results. I have had no issues after the surgery. It did take a long time to heal and was scary at the time. Overall it was worth it. Just check out your doctor before you do it and dont skimp on this one. Spend the money and do it right.

Back
Top Bottom