Opinions/Experience With Cressi Regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
Anyone? Hello?:06:
Well, I like my Ellipse Titanium a lot, but I have limited experience with gear (this is my first reg). It is very light; in fact I have a Sea Cure mouthpiece on it and I don't really bite down on the mouthpiece much, just sort of keep it in my mouth. It also breaths easy.

They don't have many dealers in the US, but you've got one so that doesn't apply. They need to be serviced every two years.

There are some other threads on these regs; you might do a search.

Fish_Whisperer:
My LDS is a Cressi dealer. My current reg/octo is Sea Elite and I'm satisfied with them, but the Cressi regs are a lot smaller and lighter. Any opinions or experiences for good or bad, with Cressi regs?

Thanks in advance.

just got a Cressi Eclipse with an eclipse octo for my GF, performs well and it is very light. only thing I changed was to fit it with as comfo-bite. cressi also offers free parts for life.

Fish_Whisperer:
My LDS is a Cressi dealer. My current reg/octo is Sea Elite and I'm satisfied with them, but the Cressi regs are a lot smaller and lighter. Any opinions or experiences for good or bad, with Cressi regs?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have any Cressi reg though. Is there any particular reason you have to get a Cressi reg? As someone mentioned, it isn't a popular reg in U.S. so that there is relatively small dealer network and used market in future...:D

Fish_Whisperer:
Excellent. Thanks...

My only reason for looking into them, was for the fact that they are smaller and lighter. (and prettier, too!) :D

I'll probably hang onto my Sea Elite until it gives up the ghost, then.

Thanks again, everyone.

Haha..... I see your point.... The cosmetic is another good excuse to get the new stuff......:D

I have SP S600s and G250HPs. G250HP is definately bigger than S600, but in peformance wise, G250HP is much better in cold water environment. I also have APEKS TX100, the current ATX100 has 20% smaller 2nd stage, but you can't notice the size and weight in underwater.....

Just my 2 psi:wink:

I'm sure you know this Fish, but smaller, lighter, and prettier? are not good reasons to buy a regulator. :)

Pretty regs say Apeks.

I work partime for a LDS so I can choose from several brands. The Cressi's have a long history in Europe, are quite well regarded by people how actually own them and are a very good bang for the buck.

That said yes they do have a smaller dealer base than some of the larger companies, but if you have a dealer nearby then not really an issue(unless you plan to move ).

I also own Sherwood, Posiden, Mares , Buechat and Tusa. Likes my collection of gear :D .

Back
Top Bottom