Opinions/Experience With Cressi Regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cressi regulators are very well made. The only drawback in the US is a limited dealer base. Any good regulator tech can maintain the Cressi brand with no problem. If you are traveling to Europe you will find many Cressi regs in use.

redhatmama:
I'm sure you know this Fish, but smaller, lighter, and prettier? are not good reasons to buy a regulator. :)

Pretty regs say Apeks.

LOL! Yes... I know. Another reason is that in pitching seas in Cozumel, trying to walk to the back of the boat with fins on, (god, that sucked!) the boat pitched and I dropped my reg and then stepped on it, busting the exhaust off of it. I was able to reattach it, but I wasn't real pleased about it. I did the rest of my dives using my octopus until I had time to sit down and work on it.

And to be honest, "smaller and lighter" ARE very appealing. I had the chance to try one of the Cressis.. (Not sure what model) and I was pleased with it.

Thanks for all of the info, folks. I apprecieate it.

Fish_Whisperer:
My LDS is a Cressi dealer. My current reg/octo is Sea Elite and I'm satisfied with them, but the Cressi regs are a lot smaller and lighter. Any opinions or experiences for good or bad, with Cressi regs?

Thanks in advance.
BTW, who is your local Cressi dealer? Is it the shop in Smyrna? I bought mine online and likely will move before it is up for service, but it'd be good to know where I can bring it.

cressis are excellent regs. I have an Airtech set, and never failed.. Service can be a problem for you in USA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom