Opinions and reviews on the Halcyon Contour sidemount system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Get the stealth tech. It's more streamlined and a better unit overall. The Halcyon unit is a decent unit, but the stealth is much better. I've been diving a stealth since they first came out with the original one with unattached wing. I've demoed the Halcyon in the caves about 3 or 4 times. It felt too much like the SMS100 which I owned for a long time and quickly figured out the negatives of.

Comparing the Contour and the Xdeep stealth tec anyone have experience with the Contour system?
It's completely different - basically a rebranded SMS100. Bulky, large, its great if you are diving LARGE steel SM tanks but those are rarely used in the grand scheme of things. Has an insane price tag.

Where are you diving SM, what tanks and why?

It's completely different - basically a rebranded SMS100. Bulky, large, its great if you are diving LARGE steel SM tanks but those are rarely used in the grand scheme of things. Has an insane price tag.

Where are you diving SM, what tanks and why?
It’ll be for really all my diving and in caves after I get cave certified. Gonna be diving dry really all the time. Haven’t decided what tanks I wanna use debating LP 85s I’ve got plenty of AL 80s so I’ve thought about using those for most of my SM rec dives

It’ll be for really all my diving and in caves after I get cave certified.
You're not going to like this answer, but take your cavern/intro/full cave in backmounted doubles. SM is a tool, you don't need it at this stage of your career.

You're not going to like this answer, but take your cavern/intro/full cave in backmounted doubles. SM is a tool, you don't need it at this stage of your career.
I like the idea of sidemount I feel like it’s safer for cave. Backmount doubles seem much more simpler and easy though.

Yes. Get the stealth tech. It's more streamlined and a better unit overall. The Halcyon unit is a decent unit, but the stealth is much better. I've been diving a stealth since they first came out with the original one with unattached wing. I've demoed the Halcyon in the caves about 3 or 4 times. It felt too much like the SMS100 which I owned for a long time and quickly figured out the negatives of.
What tanks do you mostly sidemount?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom