Operator in Maui, Snorkel and Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BARdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to be in Maui in a couple months, my group has a couple divers and a few snorkelers. I'm looking for an operator that takes both out to Molokini Crater.

My best experiences to date in Maui has been maui dive shop. They get mixed reviews but to date they have never let me down sailing with as few as 4 passengers. Others had cancelled but they consitently are pulling through for me. I loved their trip to Molokini too!

How big is your group?

There are snorkel charters that have scuba available, but they moor in shallow water that is more suitable for snorkeling and the diving may cater to Intro diving, so be prepared to not go deeper than 40 feet. The snorkel charters that have diving are mostly out of Ma'alaea and run from 7-8 AM-ish to 12-2 PM-ish.

There are scuba charters that will take snorkelers, but the seat for the snorkelers is nearly as much as for divers if not the same price. They typically moor in +40' deep water so snorkelers need to be OK with that. They are mostly out of the Kihei small boat ramp and run from 6-7 AM to 10-11 AM.

The reason I ask how many is because a private charter with either Pro Diver or Dive & Sea would be the way to go if you have enough people/dough. :coffee:

+1 for Prodiver - I have been with them where it was a diving trip but with snorkelers on board. They get the divers in, and then captain Paul works with the snorkelers. Good times seem to be had by all! Only 6-8 people on the boat as well. They leave early out of Kiehi, but are back early as well.

I apologize I just reread the post and noticed that the OP was taking snorklers too. Anyway the folks here have gave some good advice so good luck!

Lots of Snuba at Molokini, maybe your snorkelers would try it? Not sure who runs the trips though.

Back
Top Bottom