Operator error or bug in Icon HD Net Ready?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrcandy

Registered
Reaction score
I have a new Icon HD that I was playing with this morning and suspect I've found a bug with the dive planning screen. It seems that whatever combination of Altitude Factor (A0 to A3) and Personal Safety Factor (P0 to P2) I set in the adjustment screen, the dive planning screen shows the same Px value as has been set in Ax. i.e. if I set A1, then regardless of what I set in Px, the dive planner shows A1, P1; if I set A2 I get A2, P2 in the planer; and if I set A3 I get A3 and the Px disappears from the dive planner. Note that the calculated NDL values do change when Px is modified, it just doesn't show up correctly on the dive planning screen. See image below for an example:
IconHD.jpg
The left side shows the calculated NDL limits (with some nitrogen load since it is post 1st dive) with A0 and P0 selected. Middle screen shows changing Personal Factor to P1. Right side shows new NDL limits, but screen still shows A0,P0 at top right. Page 12 of the manual says
This function allows you to plan your next dive. At the top of the display you will see the settings used for the calculations: O2%, water type, P Factor and Altitude selections.
So I would have expected to see A0, P1 in the planning screen.

Bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Icon HD.jpg
    Icon HD.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 140
I submitted a ticket to Mares last weekend for this issue, and then a day later a second ticket for another bug to do with display of the clock on the main dive screen.

Heard back from them on Tuesday, saying the software team in Italy would look at it Thursday. Got another email today saying both bugs have been fixed and a new firmware release would be available for download in a couple weeks.

Pretty happy with that for responsiveness and communication.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom