• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Operation Bottom Time

Discussion in 'SUDS - Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba' started by CarlaChatterton, Jan 6, 2008.

1. CarlaChatterton

CarlaChatterton Registered

The SUDS website has recently been updated and more to come. Thanks for your support of the SUDS program and hope to see you at the Operation Bottom Time Upper Keyes event in May 2008.

2. adurso

adurso Solo Diver

Carla,
    I also need info about setting up a local group. I live in the Tidewater Virginia area and on eof our local shops under new ownership asked me to look into this for them. Who would I contact and how? Thanks
    Al

3. cdreamer

cdreamer Solo Diver

4. Mel-OBT

Mel-OBT Registered

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Al,

Thank you for your interest in SUDS/Operation Bottom Time. I would suggest to contact your local VA about setting up a local group. If you would like any further information please contact John Thompson through our web site.

Thanks again!

5. Mel-OBT

Mel-OBT Registered

Terri,

Thank you for your interest in SUDS/Operation Bottom Time. Our main need at this time is funding. Donations are needed to fund the trips to do their open water check out dives and complete their certifications. Also, please pass the word along to anyone else that may be interested in supporting our wounded warriors.

Thanks Again!

6. rockwaterx

rockwaterx SUDS

SUDS is headed down to the Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba next week. We will be taking 6 wounded warriors to GTMO to complete their openwater checkout dives. We will be there from 31 Jan to 5 Feb. The soldiers were trained at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in DC. We'll have a full report when we get back. SUDS is a chapter of Disabled Sports / Wounded Warrior Project.
    Regards,
    John

7. Nema@Olympus

Nema@Olympus Dive Charter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I've had the privilage of watching the excitement of SUDS build from almost the beginning. John my friend, what you are doing here is nothing short of an inspiration. I can not wait to look back another year from now and see what you and everyone involved has done for these soldiers.

Everyone, please keep in mind that the money that you donate to SUDS goes directly to getting these men and women in the water. What better mental and physical theropy could there possibly be then taking that first breath underwater?

John, Carla, Melissa...you totally rock!!

N :monkeydan

8. 00scuba

00scuba Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    It was great meeting you at the show. I will make sure to pass along information to many people! Hopefully I can join you in Key Largo

9. dlndavid

dlndavid 私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるだScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks Sandy for bringing this to our attentention, we'll get the word out on this.

10. Mel-OBT

Mel-OBT Registered

It was great meeting you also and thanks for all of your help. Raising awareness is the first step for SUDS. Hope to see you in Key Largo, it's going to be a great week!